At the heart of IHS Markit, we are an information company. With expertise across the world’s largest industries, we leverage technology and data science to provide the insights, software, and data to help our customers make better informed decisions, driving growth, performance, and efficiency.
About the Department: IHS Markit Securities Finance
Markit Securities Finance (MSF) empowers firms to manage securities lending programs, optimize trading performance and enhance investment decisions through unparalleled trading data and analytics, powerful benchmarking tools and governance reports.
Our securities finance dataset covers more than $37 trillion of global securities in the lending programs of more than 20,000 institutional funds. It includes more than 15 years of history with over three million intraday transactions. Our data is sourced directly from leading industry practitioners, including prime brokers, custodians, asset managers and hedge funds.
Our securities finance offering provides insight into market sentiment and trading transparency from a macro to individual stock level. It delivers data and analytics for enhanced visibility and insight into the market for collateral cash investments, demand, pricing, and usage. Collateral and funding managers of prime dealers, banks, money market funds, securities lenders, hedge funds, insurance companies and corporations can benefit from our comprehensive combination of securities lending data and analytics.
Starting your Career with Us – Opportunities for Graduates
We hire into a wide variety of exciting roles across our business and as you begin your career with us, we’re here to support your transition into the professional world. In addition to working with our industry experts in your full-time role, you’ll have the space to invest in your personal and professional development through learning resources that will build vital skills and industry knowledge.
Through a wide variety of experiences and opportunities, like all of our colleagues, you’ll become an integral part of our community and culture – all enhancing the exciting work you with the team you’re hired into! You’ll be part of a global community, building an invaluable network of knowledge and support from your mentors, peer group and wider teams.
We’re now hiring for 2022 full-time roles. We’re looking for final year students who are working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (or equivalent), and due to complete their studies and be available for a full-time role commencing in July 2022.
About the role
The Product Management Analyst supports the Securities Finance business by providing technical and product expertise to our buyside and sellside clients.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for maintaining the smaller features within a larger product along with collecting customer feedback and product usage information using various metrics that would help validate the direction of the product
- Work alongside Product Managers to extract the right insights from the data and learn about the strategy of the product, develop a deeper understanding of the product, and help in managing the day-to-day product administrative duties in product management
- The Analyst will support the Product Managers to contribute to the roadmap, gain alignment across the organization, and become well-versed in the problem space and strategy
- Troubleshooting and resolution of client queries regarding logins, product access, data quality and licensing
- Work with Product Specialist and Sales teams to provide client usage and enhancement requests Assist Product Managers with all administrative duties in the Trial Management process
- Be the point of contact to answer RFP/RFI questions and build a database of FAQ in RFP
- Conduct on-site / remote demonstrations or training sessions on new product features to internal stakeholders
- Assist Product Managers in building wireframes and writing requirements of new product or product features
- Manage enhancement request pipeline and keep the stakeholders regularly updated
What we’re looking for
We seek candidates with diverse backgrounds and ideas with a desire to learn and thrive. The Graduate Program will provide a variety of experiences to help you identify your strengths, develop highly transferable skills, and align you to a successful career path for a bright future at IHS Markit. To be an ideal fit for the role, you should have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree preferred in Economics, Statistics, Business Administration or other related field completed no later than May 2022
- 0-6 months relevant work experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- An aptitude to learn and adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment
- The ability to build strong working relationships in a collaborative setting
- Be legally eligible to work for the duration of the program in the country for which you apply
For Product Management Analyst applicants, we recommend the following:
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience in communicating with external clients
- Experience working with large volumes of data
- Familiarity with database management software and Excel a plus
- Strong interest and working knowledge of financial markets a plus
- Knowledge of VBA, SQL, Python and other coding languages a plus
Application and assessment process
The assessment process that follows is designed to ensure you can learn more about us, showcase your skills, and find a role that is right for you.
Stage 1: Submit online application
Stage 2: Complete online pymetrics assessment
Stage 3: Initial screening process
Stage 4: Final stage assessment
Our commitment to diversity
Our business and our customers are diverse, and we believe that embracing a diverse and inclusive environment is key to defining who we are. Our people are what makes us unique and you will get the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds from across the world who continuously find the best viable solutions, adding value and driving change for our customers.Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, in order to comply with applicable federal, state, and local vaccine mandates (including those in place for US federal contractors), US employees may be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason, a sincerely held religious belief or another legally protected reason. T he company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.