The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for supporting Bloomberg Beta, an early- stage venture capital fund backed by Bloomberg L.P. That operates as its own department. This includes financial planning, analysis and reporting; budgeting and forecasting; accounting and treasury; and portfolio management, with strategic and operational oversight of the fund distributions, tax and investment analytics. The ideal candidate for this role is responsible for being a subject matter expert in the department’s operations, managing ongoing projects, collaborating successfully across multiple partners, and presenting analysis and insights to leadership that drives business outcomes.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Own and deliver financial and operational dashboards and manage reporting packages for Executive Management including business performance / results and expense variance analysis and other FP&A responsibilities in a timely and consistent manner
- Supervise and manage accounting monthly close that includes sophisticated investment transactions and ongoing revisions to account policy to align to GAAP and fund standard methodologies
- Lead Budget/Forecast processes and streamline workflows to create efficiencies and enhance financial reporting and analysis
- Handle the investment portfolio: implement capital calls, interpret company documents to accurately supervise realized/unrealized investment activity, and provide Beta team with relevant and timely information to support investment decision-making
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends and patterns across the investment portfolio to provide new insights that can positively impact team behaviors/biases and drive overall fund performance
- Develop creative analyses to support Beta’s strategic objectives within Bloomberg, including supporting other departments through founder/start-up relationships, technology trends and strategic advisory
- Collaborate with Tax team in the accurate preparation of the Partners’ annual K-1 statements in a timely and consistent manner
- Supervise third-party fund administrator and legal counsel to prepare fund financial documents, waterfall calculations and Partners’ carried interest distributions
- Proactively work to identify gaps and inefficiencies, automate processes, and mature existing automation methods
- Build and develop business relationships with clients, CFOs and senior management and partnering with them to improve operations and further business goals by providing insightful reporting/analysis and thoughtful observations
You’ll Need to Have:
- A Bachelor’s or higher in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Accounting or a related field of study
- 5+ years of experience in a Finance role with a proven track record of success
- Critical thinking skills with business intuition, intellectual curiosity and ability to execute, with a demonstrated interest in venture capital, private equity, and/or start-ups
- Strong and meticulous data and analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, creatively analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy especially for accurate portfolio management
- Experience partnering with senior business leaders with ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proven ability to develop and run budgets, projects or process change
- Proven track record of being a subject matter expert, preparation and delivery of accurate and insightful work, managing projects, and achieving results
- Ability to demonstrate leadership traits with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Self-motivated approach to identifying and solving business challenges
- A desire to operate and develop in an exciting, fast-paced environment
We’d Love to See:
- Familiarity with venture capital and start-ups
- Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Experience with SAP and Salesforce
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you’ll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You’ll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients — and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.