USA Wrestling is looking for a Director of Business Development to increase organizational revenue through partnership opportunities.
About USA Wrestling
USA Wrestling is the National Governing Body (NGB) of the sport of wrestling from youth through the U.S. Olympic Team. It is the representative body to the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Committee for the sport with more than 250,000 members, nearly 40,000 coaches and 4,000+ clubs in all 50 states. The organization has a tradition of success and most recently won nine medals at the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo, its highest medal total since the 1984 Olympic Games.
USA Wrestling, guided by the Olympic Spirit, provides quality opportunities for its members to achieve their full human and athletic potential.
Responsibility, Integrity, Dedication, Honesty, Accountability, Respect
● Generate new or incremental revenue through partnership sales
● Establish relationships with corporate partners and agencies to grow revenue
● Lead deal process including idea generation > prospecting > developing pitch materials > negotiation > contract > oversee fulfillment
● Manage departmental budget for revenue and expenses
● Develop new assets, concepts and promotional opportunities
● Manage the fulfilment process and work with other USA Wrestling staff (ex. Events, Legal, National Team, etc.)
● Serve as the liaison between USA Wrestling and any sales contractors or agencies
● Develop in-depth knowledge of organization’s offerings to identify profitable business opportunities
● Work closely with the management team to drive and implement organizational strategy and revenue growth
● Collaborate with FloSports, the USA Wrestling multimedia rights holder, to drive revenue opportunities
● 5-10+ years of revenue generation and partnership sales experience with a governing body, professional team, league, media outlet or entertainment organization
● Proven business development, sponsorship sales experience
● Established reputation and track record of success
● Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
● Ability to travel for client meetings, events, offsite meetings, etc.
● The ability to influence and work successfully with varied audiences
● Adept at negotiating sound business deals
● Demonstrates excellent communication, leadership and problem-solving skills
● Energetic self-starter, results oriented and passionate individual
● Superior public speaking and persuasive presentation skills
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary
Hiring Pay Range
$80,000 – $120,000 per year
● Paid vacation, personal and sick time
● Approximately 10 paid holidays per year
● 403 (b) retirement plan
● Medical, dental and vision insurance
● Employer paid life insurance
● The USA Wrestling Office is located in Colorado Springs, Colorado; the ability to work from National Office is required
● USA Wrestling is an Equal Opportunity Employer
USA Wrestling is working with Farrell Sports on the hiring process for this position. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and three references to Timari Foster at [email protected] by Friday, April 29 at 5 pm Mountain Time.